Call 1-800-892-4982 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday - Friday
9am - 6pm, EST
Senior Copywriter - Stamford, CT
The Senior Copywriter will be responsible for developing and communicating the voice of vineyard vines. He/She will direct and oversee the copy team, ensuring that all work appropriately meets the goals of the vineyard vines brand strategy. The Senior Copywriter will clearly communicate with our current and future customer across a variety of consumer touch points, while maintaining consistency throughout. The Senior Copywriter will be responsible for conceptual development of big ideas as well as communicating crisp and clear business driving messages.
A successful candidate will have the ability to communicate the vineyard vines brand message while leveraging our brand's unique sense of humor and whimsicality.
- Work with Director of Creative Services to develop big, conceptual ideas for all marketing vehicles including: catalog, web, email, in-store, print collateral, advertising, etc.
- Develop editorial and lifestyle content for use in all of vineyard vines’ consumer touch points, including (but not limited to) catalogs, emails, in-store and online.
- Manage Copy team. Review, proof and edit all copy submitted by Junior Copy team members including: emails, catalog, web, email, in-store, print collateral, advertising, etc. Ensure work is consistent with the vineyard vines brand voice and standards.
- Manage SEO copy development. Review assets to ensure brand voice is maintained while making sure assigned keywords are represented.
- Develop, write and organize product information including technical descriptions, romance copy, product naming, etc. Collaborate with production, product development and merchandising to make sure all content is accurate and descriptive.
- Attend brainstorming sessions as well as weekly sales and marketing meetings.
- For major projects including catalog, web, email, printed collateral and advertising, the Senior Copywriter will manage and execute the copy proofing process. This process will include making corrections at each review stage, as well as obtaining signoff for all projects prior to release.
- Take on ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, marketing or a related field.
- Solid understanding of marketing, media and technology.
- 6+ years retail writing experience preferably in fashion and editorial.
- Excellent spelling, grammar, proofreading and communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in InDesign and/or Photoshop a plus.
- Experience writing for a wide variety of applications such as print, electronic media, packaging, signage, collateral and internal communications.
- Strong creative writing skills and the ability to write in a conversational manner.
- Highly creative imaginative, and resourceful
- Knowledge of SEO principles and best practices
- Skilled in writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving, and presentation skills. Takes an active role in ongoing improvement of skills and product knowledge.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team and with a range of creative people
- Ability to work under pressure and manage workloads effectively
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and manage time appropriately
- Highly self-motivated and well organized
- Ability to see other people's points of view and take on board feedback
- Work within strict budgets
- Have an eye for detail
- Possess good leadership, people and project management skills.
- Ability to think in visual terms.
Is this your dream job? If so please email your resume to email@example.com with the position you're applying for in the subject line.