Under the general supervision of the Logistics Manager, the Logistics Lead will be responsible for the management of all inbound freight from origin into the DC. He or she will manage daily freight bookings and prepare weekly in-bound freight forecasts. This person will be relied upon to consolidate all freight in a cost and time effective manner, without jeopardizing the delivery date. This person will develop and execute essential daily & weekly reports intended for key members of the organization in order to better plan our production flow and delivery of goods into our warehouse. He or she will be relied upon to work with various departments within the organization at all levels, by providing real time data for all logistics related inquiries.Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage freight consolidation
- Assist in the logistics of all in-bound freight: maintain rates with freight forwarders and customs brokers and oversee daily operations.
- Maintain HTS codes, duty rates, and other forms of record keeping
- PFV and other daily reporting for inbound freight
- Maintain KPI’s on a per factory level (bookings, cargo delivery, etc.)
- Identify problem vendors, and work with those vendors to decrease inefficiencies and improve product delivery to the CFS.
- Production liaison (bridge gap between Prod dept. & Operations dept.)
- Invoicing/ vouchering (transportation costs)
- ASN approvals
- Manage PO exceptions (between xfcty & receipt)
This candidate must be detailed oriented and able to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment. They should have strong communication skills with the ability streamline information throughout various departments within the organization. Additional duties include identifying and recommending improvements to better business processes and systems and expedite the flow of information. This position will work closely with Logistics manager, as well as various parts of the Operations team.
- 3 years prior experience with logistics, operations and/or, production environment is a positive.
- Strong analytical & quantitative skills
- Strong data management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work and communicate with various business functions at all levels
- Ability to participate as a team-member as well as leader in a fast paced, team oriented environment.
- Strong organizational, time management and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong PC skills, particularly Microsoft Excel and Office
Is this your dream job? If so please email your resume to and salary requirements to email@example.com with the position you're applying for in the subject line.